There were two main topics of discussion.
Salary - The two parties discussed salary. No agreement was reached.
Calendar - A final calendar for the 2014-2015 school year was agreed to.
- The calendar will include 1 staff development day, so it will have 184 work days. The salary schedule for 2014-2015 school year will reflect a .56% salary increase for working the extra day.
- The first day of work will be August 18, 2014. This will be a staff development day regarding implementation of Common Core.
- Orientation Day will be August 19, 2014.
- August 20, 2014 will be the first day of instruction. It will be a full day, not a shortened Wednesday.
- GEA unit members will be off the entire week of Thanksgiving.
- The last day of school will be June 5, 2015.