This will be the first time everyone in the District will officially be together since 2011.
GEA has helped to set up the event. The Garvey Intermediate Band and Choir will be performing and staff members will be honored. There will be refreshments served as well. The event begins at 2 PM and should last about 1 hour.
At the last bargaining session, a few important issues were addressed.
- There was no immediate response to the GEA salary proposal. The District stated they needed to wait until after the second interim report which is due out in mid March, as well as information from the LCAP. (Local Control Accountability Plan)
- The Associaition reminded the District that we are negotiating 2013-2014. (Actually all the way back to 2011) LCAP data will be for 2014-15 and the 2013-2014 budget has been in place since July 2013.
- The District stated they were not interested in having a staff development day placed in the calendar. They were willing to have a staff development day on the day before orientation day, which would be paid at our daily rate, but would remain optional.
- There was also discussion regarding CSEA uncertainty regarding the week off for Thanksgiving.
- GEA reminded the District that we started the school year three days earlier last year in order to get those three days off, and that we would want to revert back to the old schedule if we were not going to have the week off.
- School will most likely begin the week of August 18, 2014 and end on June 5, 2015.
- If we have the week off for Thanksgiving, Orientation Day will most likely be on August 19th.
- If we do not have the week off for Thanksgiving, Orientation Day will most likely be on August 22nd.
- A voluntary staff development day regarding Common Core will likely be held on August 18th.